Welcome to my blog. EKKK. I’m excited, anxious, pumped, and slightly dreading making this commitment to show up here all the time. But in order to serve you and my clients they way I want to I NEED to be blogging. So here I am. I can’t wait to share who I am, whose I am, where I’m at with you on this blog. I hope that reading this will give you a glimpse into my life, my why, and my heart. So here we go…….
Back in 2014 I had a blog that stored all my travels and experiences around England. I changed hosts and managed to LOSE all my blog posts and my heart was crushed. I think that’s one of the reasons I’ve LOLIGAGED at starting to blog again. Fear of losing it- again. ugh.
But, here I am. Officially starting another blog. This time with more wisdom, knowledge, and resources to set my blog up correctly in the first places and minimize the potential of losing my blog again.
My goal is to show up on this online space at least THREE times a months. I want to cultivate and curate a place for you to find my photography work.
Here are 5 reasons I’ve decided to start blogging:
- 1) Last season I was SLAMMED with weddings and portraits sessions, and yet if you are knew to following RLP ( Ryn Loren Photography) you would have no idea, because I don’t have a record of my work other than my instagram feed that I sometimes post on. ha!
- I want to create a place to give my couples a place to shine and have a moment of fame on the blog. I think we all naturally love having our stories told and I love telling your stories. So by launching my blog this will give me the perfect place to share your story.
- Over the past few months I have had handfuls of people ask me to mentor them in photography and business in general. Blogging will give me a place to share knowledge with you about various things I’ve learned the hard way so maybe you don’t have to learn it the hard way. ha! I seriously LOVE community over competition and I want to be an open book and resource to people around me. Blogging will be my first step in trying to help the masses with the little knowledge I know.
- I want a place to document my adventures with Drew that is more permanent than social media. Unfortunately, our personal photos RARELY get edited because I always have so many things to edit and manage and therefore our personal stuff always gets pushed to the side. However, blogging will encourage and force me to treat our personal photos and content as important as everything else that I create. It will require me to organize, edit, and document all of my favorite adventures. I’m SUPER stoked about this.
- Lastly, I want you guys to get to know my heart and my why behind everything I do!
I have intentions of blogging about my photography work, my travels, my marriage, my business experiences, my family + kitties, my favorite things in life #LICHEN, and all the things that make me feel alive.
I’m excited for this season. I know it will be hard to carve out time and do it, but I’ve set a goal to show up here so HOLD ME ACCOUNTABLE. haha! I’m excited for you to join me on this blogging journey.
Now, I’m off to back blog lots of past shoots…….
All my love,
**UPDATED** I managed to find my blog from England!! I’m bursting with excitement. So be on the lookout for those old entries to make an appearance here on this new blog.